The West London Film Festival is a film festival that seeks to find and reward emerging short commercial film makers.
Aimed at creatives breaking into the industry the judging panel of each category are professionals working and winning in a creative competitive industry.
- Submissions adhere to guidelines per category (length, format etc.)
- Submitted video be freely available via Youtube or other publically viewable media site for the duration of the competition.
- No pornography, racist, or sexist content allowed
- You have full copyright and creative authorship of your work, which you will retain…
- However, by entering the competition you agree (declared by completing this form) to West London Film Festival showing your work in whatever fashion we think best promotes us, you and the competition itself. Bearing in mind both ourselves and the judges aren’t looking to get rich off your content we’re just covering our butts.
- Music Video (a visual accompaniment to a piece of music < 4 mins)
- Advertisement (a quirky way of presenting a product < 30 secs)
- Documentary short (an engaging story <3 mins)
- Single-take phone short (short captured on a handheld device and unedited <2 mins)
- Visual effects (from animation to after-effects wizardry the sky’s the limit <2 mins)
- Acting and drama (the power of persausion < 3 mins)
- Sound design (aural pleasure to visual stimuli < 2 mins)
Winners in each category will receive a one hour one-to-one meeting with the lead judge in their category to go over their showreel; providing key insight in how to get to the next level. Who knows this could be an introduction into the fantastic world of creative media with bigger budgets, international travel and the chance to pursue your creative vision.
The top 3 finalists from all categories will be invited to a premier screening with drinks reception in Central London. Plus receive feedback from judges on why their submission made it what worked and what didn’t.
The overall winner ‘best video’ will receive £500, a trophy and the chance to meet all judges at a private dinner.
All judges decisions are final and any correspondence will be purely at the judges discretion.
- Early Nov 17 – Jan 18 £20
- Standard Jan 18 – march 18 £35
- Late march 18 – june 18 £50